CBR 250

2 replies [Last post]
Rocker66
Rocker66's picture

Whilst at Kent M/Cs today for my test ride on the Crossrunner I was loaned a CBR 250. I had forgotten how much fun a small bike can be a cruising speed of 80MPH could be easily achieved and the handling was excellent. I'm sure with a lighter rider on it would be even better. It was a bit like riding a 2 stroke in that it needed the revs to be kept up and it had no engine breaking.
It certainly seems to be an excellent bike for a young rider to get into biking on at low cost

kevash
kevash's picture
Re: CBR 250

A good excuse to plug my Honda CBR250R review, but yes, I agree completely. It's a different world of conserving momentum and riding flat out sometimes, but there's a lot of satisfaction in that. I suspect though there's some novelty value in it after years of bigger bikes which would wear off after a while. The effortlessness of bigger bikes makes life a lot more relaxed.

How di you get on with the Crossrunner btw?

749R (not verified)
Re: CBR 250

I have to say that the 250s now are just SO quiet, sanitised and staid, as well as expensive.
My CBR250RR, which revved to 18,000 rpm was just so much more, well, alive.
Before that the RD250LC and Kawasaki KR1S were just 2 of many exciting 'quarter-litres'.